It's Time to Enter the 2015 California Home+Design Awards!
We invite all California-based design professionals to submit their most innovative recent project for consideration in our annual CA Home+Design Awards. One winner will be selected from each of the 13 categories listed below, with a special sustainability commendation awarded to one project submitted in any category. We are continuing the Design Tastemaker program for this year — the Design Tastemaker category is a free nomination gallery that we encourage everyone to enter (or enter their friends), and let our readers pick the winner. New for 2015, Pacific Gas and Electric Company will be a presenting partner sponsoring a new category for our awards: Efficient/Sustainable Design (Commercial & Residential), in support of Habitat for Humanity and PG&E’s Solar Habitat Program.
Deadline for entry is Friday, November 21 at 5 pm PST.
The winners will be featured in the Spring 2015 edition of our magazine and announced at our annual CA Home+Design Awards Gala.
• Residential Efficient / Sustainable Design
• Commercial Efficient / Sustainable Design
• Residential Interior Design (less than 3,000 sq. ft.)
• Residential Architecture (less than 3,000 sq. ft.)
• Commercial Interior Design or Architecture
• Residential Interior Design (more than 3,000 sq. ft.)
• Residential Architecture (more than 3,000 sq. ft.)
• Landscape Design
• New Product Design
• Showcase House Design
• Kitchen or Bath Design
• Emerging Designer*
• Design Tastemaker (Our free-to-enter, online Readers' Choice award!)
Cocktail Reception and Awards Presentations: San Francisco & Los Angeles - February, 2015 (check back for exact details)
All winners must be available to accept their awards in person.
California-based professionals in the fields of interior design, architecture, landscape architecture, garden design and product design are eligible. To be considered, projects must be completed between Nov. 1, 2012 and Nov. 1, 2014 and must be submitted as whole-house projects only (excluding Product, Showcase House, Emerging and Kitchen or Bath Design categories). Projects that have previously been published in the print edition of California Home+Design are not eligible.
We offer designers the opportunity to submit their entry online. There are three steps to the process:
1. Complete a payment for your submission (one per project, per category) via the Paypal payment buttons below, and take note of the email address you used to make the payment for your submission.
2. Create a compressed (.zip) file containing the following items:
• A project brief that summarizes the project in 150 words or less. The brief must clearly state the single category you are entering for consideration in addition to your firm name and contact information.
• A publishable portrait of the designer.
• Low-resolution images of the project being submitted (JPEG files should be 100 dpi at 5 by 7 inches). In general, 8-15 images of a home or commercial project, or four images of a product, is sufficient.
•The right to publish all submitted photography, cleared in writing with the photographer(s) by the entrant (a template form can be found here).
• A confirmation of your processing fee payment to CA Home+Design in the amount of $50 for Emerging Designer, or $100 for all other categories (a screen grab of the confirmation page or a transaction ID number is fine).
3. Email the file (one email per project, per category) containing these items to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the same email address associated with the Paypal payment for your submission. The subject line must include the Firm or Designer Name, Awards Category Name and Project Name in order to be considered. Sample format: First Last, Landscape Design, Hilltop Home.
You will receive email confirmation within two business days of submitting your entry. Emailed submissions that do not match up to a Paypal payment email address will be considered incomplete and will not be eligible for judging.
*Submission Guidelines for Emerging Designer
Interior designers or architects who have had an established company for less than five years or are currently students are eligible. Please submit a 300-word bio of the designer, and a headshot, images of three projects (built or unbuilt) and project summaries of 150 words or less for each. Entry fee is reduced to $50 for submissions in this category.
All entries must be received by Friday, November 21, 2014 at 5 pm.
We will confirm receipt of submission via email within two business days.
We will notify finalists in each category by December 12, 2014, and request high-resolution images or additional information as needed.
For more information, call 415-483-2434.