Posts by Michelle Konstantinovsky
1. How did the idea for HEWN come about?In 2012, we decided to close our successful retail store, JAK Home and were plotting our next move.
1. How did you get started in design?I must confess that I was “in the closet” for a very long time when it comes to design: I denied the fact that I loved all aspects of design - fashion, cars, interiors and everything in between.
First, the bad news: Valentine’s Day is just one week away. The good news: You still have time to plan something epic if you act quick. Here are 10 of our most cherished design destinations where you can either spend the special day or give as a getaway gift to the one you love.1.
1. What makes Resource Furniture different from other companies?We are the go-to source for cutting-edge, multi-functional living systems that support the shift towards more efficient, flexible housing.
Mention the Grande Colonial to anyone remotely familiar with the seaside village of La Jolla, and you'll immediately be met with nods of approval and maybe even a hint of envy.
1. Tell us about Snaidero’s history – why bring Italian kitchen design to the American home? Snaidero founder Rino Snaidero wanted to reach the Italian community in Toronto by bringing Italian design to North American homes.
1. How did growing up in a family of artists influence you? In part, I would say it was a defining role in my childhood. I was taught that everything was art in some form. When I was only a few months old, I tore a long piece of paper. My father viewed it as my first art.
How did growing up in Tel Aviv influence your work?Growing up in Tel Aviv, I was surrounded by the city’s early 20th century, International Style architecture, which dominated the landscape. The city is home to one of the best collections of Bauhaus or International Style architecture in the world.
1. How did you and Annette start ArtHaus and what was the motivation behind it? JB: Picture it; San Francisco, 1996. We were co-directing Martin Lawrence Gallery’s flag ship location in Union Square. It was my day off. I phoned Annette and asked her to meet me at the Red Room.
It's officially Awards Season. Are you ready? From this Sunday's Golden Globes all the way to the Academy Awards February 26, you'll want to be glued to your television screen for all the memorable red carpet moments, heartfelt speeches, and (fingers crossed) cringe-worthy fashion disasters.