Posts by Michelle Konstantinovsky
1. Who is your biggest role model? The great minds of the mid-century modern movement - who have introduced a whole new philosophy of design, production and use. Depending on the pieces we create, we often find inspiration through the works of such greats as Calder, Aalto, Prouvé, to name a few. 2.
Ready or not, 2016 is coming to an end ("READY!!!" - literally everyone). If you were too busy these last few weeks marveling at the year's neverending insanity and/or eating all the things (see: holidays), you may not have had time to make New Year's Eve plans. Relax.
1. Who is your biggest role model?My biggest role model is my grandfather. He passed away 17 years ago, but he taught me so much. He really sparked my interest in design because he was a master builder and could make anything with his hands.
1) Who is your biggest role model?My dad, Marc Gerber, for many reasons. 2) Which movie or play do you wish you could have designed the set for?Definitely Casino.
Classics are classic for a reason. And nothing screams "classic" like white subway tile in the kitchen. It looks crisp, pristine, and clean (well, theoretically), and it works in just about any backsplash scenario. It can also be insanely boring.
There isn't much San Francisco square footage that hasn't been techie-fied.
1. Who is your biggest role model?Without a doubt, my parents. As entrepreneurs they have always instilled a great work ethic and encouraged me to follow my dreams.
It's the most wonderful time of the year, Crayola enthusiasts.
1. Who is your biggest role model? HH: John Elgin Wolf/Robert Koch. They were the forerunners of transforming pure utilitarian items to something more glamorous and architectural. They were multitalented, made a fantastic team and introduced Hollywood and the world to new styles and designs.
1. Fairmont San Francisco Gingerbread House2. Charlie Palmer's Dry Creek Kitchen, Hotel Healdsburg3. The Ritz Carlton Teddy Bear Tea4. Madeline’s Tea in Bemelmans Bar, Carlyle Hotel5. Afternoon Tea at The Ritz, London6.