High-Tech Timber AccessoriesAuthor:Molly Sedlacek
Techies and tree huggers unite over these digital must-haves, carved from nature’s most time-tested material.
1. Plug this twig into your computer and whittle away your workday. Oooms Wooden USB Sticks are available in a range of storage capacities, and can be personalized with a carved signature or logo; $52–74, oooms.nl.
2. If a tree falls in the forest, it can make music: Audiowood’s classic belt-drive turntable, Barky, is made with solid ash wood and has adjustable chromed brass feet to support the record player’s glass platter; $1,300, audiowood.com.
3. Those ubiquitous white earbuds might have some stiff competition. Thinksound’s Rain noise-isolation headphones are encased in hand-carved lychee wood and stained in chocolate (shown) or cherry; $100, thinksound.com.
4. WeWood’s Crono watch features a band made with wood off-cuts; choose from red wing celtis, ebony, maple or guaiaco, and for each watch purchased the American Forests organization will plant one tree; $119, we-wood.us.
5. Mac users with a woodsy side will want this Flip-Top keyboard tray from Canadian designers Jon Erik Johansen and Dean Hargreaves. Squirrel away your pens and paperclips in the hidden compartments; $99, combinecollective.com.
Out on the Town: 2023 Design Awards Celebration
To celebrate the Bay Area-based winners of the 2023 California Home+Design Awards, McGriff Architects hosted an intimate gathering at this year’s…
- May 25, 2023
Exclusive: Armadillo introduces the Eden and Corsica Collections
The B-Corp certified Australian based rug brand Armadillo just introduced two new collections- Eden and Corsica- that are available exclusively through…
- May 25, 2023
Artist Misha Kahn’s work, now on display at Friedman Benda in Los Angeles, dissolves the boundaries between art and sculpture and…
- May 24, 2023