Holiday DIYAuthor:Shoshana Berger
Whether it’s Hillel sandwiches or tie-died eggs, spring holidays are all about making stuff, then eating it. Let’s focus on the making part. You’d have to hog-tie me to Martha Stewart to choke up an egg-dipping tutorial. Instead, I offer these easy ideas for your table:
1. Spend an afternoon foraging for fallen branches and recreate these gilt place cards or picture holders with a gold-leaf paint pen.
2. Inspired by this “messy tablecloth”, I plan to sketch a Passover plate, shank bone and all, right onto fabric. For that you’ll need a black tablecloth and a white paint pen. Here’s a template.
3. Having just customized my kids’ bunk bed with chalkboard paint, these napkin rings seem like a snap. Bonus points for the mustache version.
4. For my barn wedding, I made wheatgrass table runners (each guest was assigned an animal). Here’s the Easter version.
5. Referencing both the bitter herbs of the Seder and the verdant scents of spring, I like the idea of tying a few branches of thyme or rosemary to napkins, too.
Happy Passover & Peeps!
2023 Product Design Award: Livwell by Natasha Baradaran
It is no secret that the interior design and development industries are often the most detrimental to the health of our…
- March 24, 2023
Out on the Town: Luxury Living Group Opens with a New Design
To kick-off Oscar weekend, Italian design brand Luxury Living Group celebrated the re-opening of their L.A. showroom—located on Beverly Blvd—in their…
- March 15, 2023
The celebrated L.A. interior designer discusses “CURATED: The Collection of Cliff Fong” auction at Bonhams Cliff Fong outside his L.A. home.…
- March 9, 2023