CH+D Awards Extra: Return of the BlobAuthor:Bryan Anthony
This month, we announced the winners of our highly prized CH+D Awards. Now, get the inside scoop from all the winners!
Architect John Lum’s cardboard lounge chair named the Blob took home the prize for Best Sustainable Product Design. Who knew that something with such an unappealing name could look so lovely?
1) What’s your favorite local shop for unique items for your projects?
I love The Apartment in San Francisco. It’s a shop ran by down-to-earth owners selling great found objects at very reasonable prices.
2) Which design trend are you ready to see go away?
Ironic crystal chandeliers
3) What’s one detail about your project that you love but most people overlook?
The sense of movement one gets when one passes by the Blob.
4) If you could spend a week working alongside any architect or interior designer (dead or alive) who would it be?
Richard Neutra. It would be fascinating to see him work through his process and decision making when it came to spatial arrangements.
5) When you found out you won, who was the first person you called to share the news with?
My partner, artist Michael Light.
When Jake Met Parachute
Interior designer Jake Arnold and Parachute team up for his first-ever design collaboration Interior designer Jake Arnold demonstrates how to make…
- May 20, 2022
Work in Progress
Holland Denvir of Denvir Enterprises launches a new platform, Work in Progress, where queer artists, makers and manufacturers can shine Photography…
- May 16, 2022
15 Minutes with Joel and Bianca Chen
Few industry leaders have made a greater impact on global design than visionary curator Joel Chen. Since the L.A. showroom opened…
- May 9, 2022