CH+D Awards Extra: Return of the BlobAuthor:Bryan Anthony
This month, we announced the winners of our highly prized CH+D Awards. Now, get the inside scoop from all the winners!
Architect John Lum’s cardboard lounge chair named the Blob took home the prize for Best Sustainable Product Design. Who knew that something with such an unappealing name could look so lovely?
1) What’s your favorite local shop for unique items for your projects?
I love The Apartment in San Francisco. It’s a shop ran by down-to-earth owners selling great found objects at very reasonable prices.
2) Which design trend are you ready to see go away?
Ironic crystal chandeliers
3) What’s one detail about your project that you love but most people overlook?
The sense of movement one gets when one passes by the Blob.
4) If you could spend a week working alongside any architect or interior designer (dead or alive) who would it be?
Richard Neutra. It would be fascinating to see him work through his process and decision making when it came to spatial arrangements.
5) When you found out you won, who was the first person you called to share the news with?
My partner, artist Michael Light.
Keeping an eye on Queer Eye Star Bobby Berk
From the award-winning designer who makes us laugh and cry while transforming spaces on the hit Netflix show, Queer Eye, Bobby…
- April 19, 2019
Get Ready For La Cienega Design Quarter’s Annual Legends Event, May 7-9
It’s almost May and that means it’s almost time for Los Angeles’ La Cienega Design Quarter annual Legends event. Opening Image:…
- April 18, 2019
Nate Berkus and Jeremiah Brent’s Latest Living Spaces Collection
While most of us dread April 15th, this year it has an upside. It’s the day that Nate Berkus and Jeremiah…
- April 15, 2019