CH+D Awards Extra: Return of the BlobAuthor:Lindsey Shook
This month, we announced the winners of our highly prized CH+D Awards. Now, get the inside scoop from all the winners!
Architect John Lum’s cardboard lounge chair named the Blob took home the prize for Best Sustainable Product Design. Who knew that something with such an unappealing name could look so lovely?
1) What’s your favorite local shop for unique items for your projects?
I love The Apartment in San Francisco. It’s a shop ran by down-to-earth owners selling great found objects at very reasonable prices.
2) Which design trend are you ready to see go away?
Ironic crystal chandeliers
3) What’s one detail about your project that you love but most people overlook?
The sense of movement one gets when one passes by the Blob.
4) If you could spend a week working alongside any architect or interior designer (dead or alive) who would it be?
Richard Neutra. It would be fascinating to see him work through his process and decision making when it came to spatial arrangements.
5) When you found out you won, who was the first person you called to share the news with?
My partner, artist Michael Light.
Out on the Town: 2023 Design Awards Celebration
To celebrate the Bay Area-based winners of the 2023 California Home+Design Awards, McGriff Architects hosted an intimate gathering at this year’s…
- May 25, 2023
Exclusive: Armadillo introduces the Eden and Corsica Collections
The B-Corp certified Australian based rug brand Armadillo just introduced two new collections- Eden and Corsica- that are available exclusively through…
- May 25, 2023
Artist Misha Kahn’s work, now on display at Friedman Benda in Los Angeles, dissolves the boundaries between art and sculpture and…
- May 24, 2023