CH+D Awards Extra: Return of the BlobAuthor:Lindsey Shook
This month, we announced the winners of our highly prized CH+D Awards. Now, get the inside scoop from all the winners!
Architect John Lum’s cardboard lounge chair named the Blob took home the prize for Best Sustainable Product Design. Who knew that something with such an unappealing name could look so lovely?
1) What’s your favorite local shop for unique items for your projects?
I love The Apartment in San Francisco. It’s a shop ran by down-to-earth owners selling great found objects at very reasonable prices.
2) Which design trend are you ready to see go away?
Ironic crystal chandeliers
3) What’s one detail about your project that you love but most people overlook?
The sense of movement one gets when one passes by the Blob.
4) If you could spend a week working alongside any architect or interior designer (dead or alive) who would it be?
Richard Neutra. It would be fascinating to see him work through his process and decision making when it came to spatial arrangements.
5) When you found out you won, who was the first person you called to share the news with?
My partner, artist Michael Light.
Design Matters: Taking Action
In honor of Black History Month, Fireclay Tile launches their annual Architecture Scholarship for Black Women For the third year, Fireclay…
- February 2, 2023
The Changemakers: The Painter’s Touch
Londubh Studio brings the art of fine painting back to design Londubh Studio founders Lisa Donohoe and Brynn Gelbard. Photos by…
- January 27, 2023
Heart and Soul
César Giraldo partners with new luxury leather maker LeBravo on a passionate new collection Photos courtesy of LeBravo While meeting at a…
- January 25, 2023