Calling All Entries For The 2016 California Home + Design Awards!Author:Lindsey Shook
We invite all California-based design professionals to submit their most innovative recent project for consideration in our annual California Home+Design Awards. One winner will be selected from each of the 14 categories listed below. We welcome back Pacific Gas and Electric Company as our presenting partner, sponsoring the category for our awards: Efficient/Sustainable Design (Commercial & Residential).
READERS’ CHOICE – This year we want your nomination for the up + coming designer to watch! Simply tag a photo from the designer you are nominating with @cahomeanddesign and #2016Awards on Instagram. We will pick our top three favorites that have been tagged and then reveal the winner in our Spring 2016 issue.
Deadline for entry is: Friday, November 20, 2015 at 5 pm PST.
The winners will be featured in the Spring 2016 edition of our magazine and announced at our annual California Home+Design Awards Gala.
• Residential Efficient / Sustainable Design
• Commercial Efficient / Sustainable Design
• Residential Interior Design (less than 3,000 sq. ft.)
• Residential Architecture (less than 3,000 sq. ft.)
• Residential Interior Design (more than 3,000 sq. ft.)
• Residential Architecture (more than 3,000 sq. ft.)
• Landscape Design
• New Product Design
• Showcase House Design
• Kitchen or Bath Design
• Emerging Designer (READERS’ CHOICE)
•Restaurant Interior Design
•Office Interior Design
Cocktail Reception and Awards Presentations: San Francisco & Los Angeles – February, 2016 (check back for exact details)
All winners must be available to accept their awards in person.
California-based professionals in the fields of interior design, architecture, landscape architecture, garden design and product design are eligible. To be considered, projects must be completed between Nov. 1, 2013 and Nov. 1, 2015 and must be submitted as whole-house projects only (excluding Product, Showcase House, Office, Restaurant, Emerging and Kitchen or Bath Design categories). Projects that have previously been published in the print edition of California Home+Design are not eligible.
We offer designers the opportunity to submit their entry online. There are three steps to the process:
1. Complete a payment for your submission (one per project, per category) via the Paypal payment buttons below, and take note of the email address you used to make the payment for your submission.
2. Create a compressed (.zip) file containing the following items:
• A project brief summarizing the project in 150 words or less. The brief must clearly state the single category you are entering in addition to your firm name and contact information.
• A publishable portrait of the designer.
• Low-resolution images of the project (JPEG files should be 100 dpi at 5 by 7 inches). In general, 8-15 images of a home or commercial project, or four images of a product, is sufficient.
•The right to publish all submitted photography, cleared in writing with the photographer(s) by the entrant (a template form can be found here).
• Confirmation of your entry fee payment in the amount of $50 for Emerging Designer, or $100 for all other categories (a screen grab of the confirmation page or a transaction ID number is fine).
3. Email the file (one email per project, per category) containing these items to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the same email address associated with the Paypal payment for your submission. The subject line must include the Firm or Designer Name, Awards Category Name and Project Name in order to be considered. Sample format: First – Last, Landscape Design, Hilltop Home.
You will receive email confirmation within two-four business days of submitting your entry. Emailed submissions that do not match up to a Paypal payment email address will be considered incomplete and will not be eligible for judging.
*Submission Guidelines for Emerging Designer
Interior designers or architects who have had an established company for less than five years or are currently students are eligible. Please submit a 300-word bio of the designer, and a headshot, images of three projects (built or unbuilt) and project summaries of 150 words or less for each. Entry fee is reduced to $50 for submissions in this category.
All entries must be received by Friday, November 20, 2015 at 5 pm.
We will confirm receipt of submission via email within two-four business days.
We will notify finalists in each category by December 18, 2015, and request high-resolution images or additional information as needed.
For more information, call 415-272-7180.
Out on the Town: 2023 Design Awards Celebration
To celebrate the Bay Area-based winners of the 2023 California Home+Design Awards, McGriff Architects hosted an intimate gathering at this year’s…
- May 25, 2023
Exclusive: Armadillo introduces the Eden and Corsica Collections
The B-Corp certified Australian based rug brand Armadillo just introduced two new collections- Eden and Corsica- that are available exclusively through…
- May 25, 2023
Artist Misha Kahn’s work, now on display at Friedman Benda in Los Angeles, dissolves the boundaries between art and sculpture and…
- May 24, 2023