Designer Crush: Ryan SaghianAuthor:Michelle Konstantinovsky
1. Who is your biggest role model?
My parents. They both taught me to stick to my own values and do what makes me happy… Not to be swayed by peer pressure. To dream big and aspire to do my best.
2. Which movie or play do you wish you could have designed the set for?
A Single Man (2009). Everything about the film and it’s set is stylish. I especially loved the John Lautner house they used as the backdrop!
3. What is the best way to gauge a client’s personality before starting a project?
I always ask my clients to make me Pinterest boards of what their dream home would be. This, for me, is the best way to get a feel for their style. Face to face consultations at the job site and studio help me get to know them on a more personal level.
4. What new design elements are you excited to integrate into your work?
Rose gold! I’m a huge fan of using gold accents in my projects and recently I have become obsessed with rose gold…hardware, accessories, frames, etc.
5. How do you completely unwind?
Recently I have become a huge fan of meditation.
6. If you hadn’t become a designer, which career would you have pursued?
I would have liked to work in the entertainment industry as an actor or television host.
7. What’s the worst pre-designer job you’ve ever had and why?
Working for family…it just doesn’t work!
8. What’s your favorite recipe?
- 1 bottle of fruity red wine
- 2 cups of pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup of brandy
- 1/2 cup of triple sec
- 1/4 cup of simple syrup
- 1/4 cup of pomegranate seeds
- 1 large orange, thinly sliced
- 1 green apple, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of red craped sliced in 1/2
9. Create your perfect playlist for us.
10.Who is your designer crush?
11. Would you rather shop new or vintage?
I like to do custom and use vintage as inspiration.
12. First celebrity crush?
Britney Spears (You said FIRST!).
13. What’s your hidden talent?
I love to paint oil on canvas.
14. Best restaurant in your area? Where is it?
I live in West Hollywood so I love Izakaya, Roku, Ago, and Cecconis.
15. SF or LA?
Paola Lenti Collection at the 2019 San Francisco Decorator Showcase
Bring life to your outdoor space this spring with the newest furniture collections by Paola Lenti, a design brand recognized for…
- May 17, 2019
Trend: Shaken & Stirred
Curate a cocktail corner that inspires endless fun Tea Trolley 900 in Deep Sea by Artek for Heath Ceramics Coven by…
- May 16, 2019
Bella Notte Linens Offers a Family-Friendly Approach
When fashion designer and entrepreneur Kathleen McCoy had the idea to start a family-friendly luxury bedding business two decades ago, she…
- May 15, 2019