Designer Crush: Charles EdwardsAuthor:Michelle Konstantinovsky
1. Who is your biggest role model?
Windsor Smith, Michael S. Smith, and Jeffrey Alan Marks (JAM), and Mariette Gomez.
2. Which movie or play do you wish you could have designed the set for?
My Fair Lady.
3. What is the best way to gauge a client’s personality before starting a project?
How confident they are with what they want and what they dislike
4. What new design trends are you excited to integrate into your work?
5. How do you completely unwind?
6. If you hadn’t become a designer, which career would you have pursued?
7. What’s the worst pre-designer job you’ve ever had and why?
Working for a Christmas paper manufacturer and rolling up endless pieces of tissue paper in freezing conditions.
8. What’s your favorite dish?
Smoked salmon followed by roast pigeon breast.
9. Create your perfect playlist for us.
10. Would you rather shop new or vintage?
11. First celebrity crush
12. What’s your hidden talent?
Reasonable poker player.
13. Best restaurant in your area? Where is it?
Anything but English!
14. SF or LA?
The weather in San Francisco is quite similar to London…will always remind me of home.
Out on the Town: 2023 Design Awards Celebration
To celebrate the Bay Area-based winners of the 2023 California Home+Design Awards, McGriff Architects hosted an intimate gathering at this year’s…
- May 25, 2023
Exclusive: Armadillo introduces the Eden and Corsica Collections
The B-Corp certified Australian based rug brand Armadillo just introduced two new collections- Eden and Corsica- that are available exclusively through…
- May 25, 2023
Artist Misha Kahn’s work, now on display at Friedman Benda in Los Angeles, dissolves the boundaries between art and sculpture and…
- May 24, 2023