Designer Crush: Charles EdwardsAuthor:Michelle Konstantinovsky
1. Who is your biggest role model?
Windsor Smith, Michael S. Smith, and Jeffrey Alan Marks (JAM), and Mariette Gomez.
2. Which movie or play do you wish you could have designed the set for?
My Fair Lady.
3. What is the best way to gauge a client’s personality before starting a project?
How confident they are with what they want and what they dislike
4. What new design trends are you excited to integrate into your work?
5. How do you completely unwind?
6. If you hadn’t become a designer, which career would you have pursued?
7. What’s the worst pre-designer job you’ve ever had and why?
Working for a Christmas paper manufacturer and rolling up endless pieces of tissue paper in freezing conditions.
8. What’s your favorite dish?
Smoked salmon followed by roast pigeon breast.
9. Create your perfect playlist for us.
10. Would you rather shop new or vintage?
11. First celebrity crush
12. What’s your hidden talent?
Reasonable poker player.
13. Best restaurant in your area? Where is it?
Anything but English!
14. SF or LA?
The weather in San Francisco is quite similar to London…will always remind me of home.
A New Leaf
How CW Stockwell CEO Katy Polsby mines the company’s bold past to build a bright future Inside the recently remodeled Beverly…
- December 7, 2022
Water Saving Wonders
With an on-going drought plaguing the great state of California, designers and builders are forced to discover design solutions that help…
- November 30, 2022
Holidays on the Ranch
Nathan Turner brings cozy California cheer to his Alisal Ranch Holiday Workshop Designer Nathan Turner arranging flowers for the table. Photos…
- November 23, 2022