Designer Crush: Kirill IstominAuthor:Michelle Konstantinovsky
1. Who is your biggest role model?
Oscar de la Renta. He was a person with impeccable taste and a true gentleman.
2. Which movie or play do you wish you could have designed the set for?
Anna Karenina – I love costume dramas! Addams Family would be fun too.
3. What is the best way to gauge a client’s personality before starting a project?
I usually try to find out what the client dislikes. Somehow it’s easier for people to say what they don’t like, rather than name something they do like.
4. What new design trends are you excited to integrate into your work?
The comeback of gold. I think many people are afraid of using it, but gold is great if used correctly.
5. How do you completely unwind?
Spending time with my 5-year-old twins.
6. If you hadn’t become a designer, which career would you have pursued?
If I didn’t become an interior designer, I would be a jewelry designer. I love Schlumberger, Verdura, David Webb, and Van Cleef & Arpels.
7. What’s the worst pre-designer job you’ve ever had and why?
While attending Corcoran school of Arts in Washington D.C., I worked as a waiter for one month. It did not work out!
8. What’s your favorite recipe?
I love everything artichokes! For me, the best recipe is steamed artichoke with a touch of French vinegar. It’s healthy and tastes great!
9. Create your perfect playlist for us.
My playlist has changed recently, because I’m pretty much influenced by what my kids love to listen. So here’s what my playlist looks right now:
10. Would you rather shop new or vintage?
11. First celebrity crush?
I can’t remember who the first one was, but I really would be excited to meet with Valentino and Tim Burton.
12. What’s your hidden talent?
Being a good dad.
Industry pioneers Kneedler Fauchère celebrate a historic 75th anniversary by reflecting on their her-storic foundation The original showroom located in Jackson…
- September 22, 2023
Save the Date: The 2023 San Francisco Fall Show
The country’s most iconic antique show returns from Thursday, October 12 through Sunday, October 15 at Fort Mason Center for Arts…
- September 20, 2023
Step Virtually Inside the Living by Design Showhouse
The innovative design platform Embello launches its second annual virtual showhouse, Living by Design featuring dream rooms designed by 12 industry…
- September 13, 2023