Designer Crush: Katie MartinezAuthor:Michelle Konstantinovsky
1. Who is your biggest role model?
My parents. They are generous, open and have encouraged me to pursue my dream of being an interior designer since I was a little girl.
2. Which movie or play do you wish you could have designed the set for?
American Hustle. I’ve always had a thing for the ’70s.
3. What is the best way to gauge a client’s personality before starting a project?
I listen carefully to how they describe their typical day, other spaces they love and what they are hoping for. Every client and family is so unique- helping them to create a beautiful and functional home that works for them is something I really love about my job.
4. What new design trends are you excited to integrate into your work?
Color. I’m noticing a lot more color in interiors and I’m onboard!
5. How do you completely unwind?
With a glass of wine and an episode of Game of Thrones.
6. If you hadn’t become a designer, which career would you have pursued?
I would want to be an architect or a landscape architect.
7. What’s the worst pre-designer job you’ve ever had and why?
Working in a women’s clothing store one college summer. Not many people came in and I wasn’t allowed to sit down.
8. What’s your favorite recipe (can also be a cocktail recipe!)?
I’ve always had a soft spot for French Toast made with really good bread.
9. Create your perfect playlist for us.
10. Would you rather shop new or vintage?
11. First celebrity crush?
Tom Cruise in Top Gun.
12. What’s your hidden talent?
13. Best restaurant in your area? Where is it?
Just went to Frances in the Castro, SF. Delicious!
14. SF or LA?
Designer Crush: Benner Landscape Design
As the daughter of a suburban New Jersey landscape designer, Patricia Benner inherited her mother’s passion for gardening and her East…
- October 22, 2019
Save the Date: “Bone Black” at DZINE Gallery
DZINE Gallery Announces the Opening of “Bone Black” – A Group Exhibition Exploring the Intersection Between Logic, Geometry and Instinct AC/DC…
- October 21, 2019
Form & Function: Cultivating Creativity
Jarrod Baumann’s out-there thinking takes gardens to the next level In Los Gatos, Baumann created a modern parterre that includes a…
- October 21, 2019