Designer Crush: Marta CalleAuthor:Michelle Konstantinovsky
1. Who is your biggest role model?
My mother; her style, her grace her taste and her deep commitment to her family is a daily inspiration.
2. Which movie or play do you wish you could have designed the set for?
A Single Man.
3. What is the best way to gauge a client’s personality before starting a project?
Listen to them and watch what they see.
4. What new design elements are you excited to integrate into your work?
We have fallen in love with velvet, indigo, and navy blue leather – we can’t wait to see them on sofas.
5. How do you completely unwind?
The beach or our house in Michigan.
6. If you hadn’t become a designer, which career would you have pursued?
An architect or a carpenter.
7. What’s the worst pre-designer job you’ve ever had and why?
I really have loved all my jobs!
8. What’s your favorite recipe?
1 part letherbee gin
1 part carpano antica vermouth
1 part gran classico bitter
Mix and serve over a large ice cube, garnish with a blood orange slice accompany with salted potato chips and castelvetrano or cerignola olives.
9. Create your perfect playlist for us.
10. Who is your designer crush?
11. Would you rather shop new or vintage?
12. First celebrity crush?
13. What’s your hidden talent?
I’m a good dancer.
14. Best restaurant in your area? Where is it?
Osteria Langhe: 2824 W. Armitage, Logan Square, Chicago.
15. SF or LA?
Heart and Soul
César Giraldo partners with new luxury leather maker LeBravo on a passionate new collection Photos courtesy of LeBravo While meeting at a…
- January 25, 2023
Don’t Miss the Flexform L.A. Sale
Shop Flexform L.A.’s first-ever warehouse sale of display and new items with discounts up to 30% off Infinity Libreria by Designer Antonio Citterio…
- January 24, 2023
Artist Ian Love transforms forgotten trees into memorable works of art Naturally sourced fallen timber from Long Island. Photos courtesy of…
- January 20, 2023