Designer Crush: Marta CalleAuthor:Michelle Konstantinovsky
1. Who is your biggest role model?
My mother; her style, her grace her taste and her deep commitment to her family is a daily inspiration.
2. Which movie or play do you wish you could have designed the set for?
A Single Man.
3. What is the best way to gauge a client’s personality before starting a project?
Listen to them and watch what they see.
4. What new design elements are you excited to integrate into your work?
We have fallen in love with velvet, indigo, and navy blue leather – we can’t wait to see them on sofas.
5. How do you completely unwind?
The beach or our house in Michigan.
6. If you hadn’t become a designer, which career would you have pursued?
An architect or a carpenter.
7. What’s the worst pre-designer job you’ve ever had and why?
I really have loved all my jobs!
8. What’s your favorite recipe?
1 part letherbee gin
1 part carpano antica vermouth
1 part gran classico bitter
Mix and serve over a large ice cube, garnish with a blood orange slice accompany with salted potato chips and castelvetrano or cerignola olives.
9. Create your perfect playlist for us.
10. Who is your designer crush?
11. Would you rather shop new or vintage?
12. First celebrity crush?
13. What’s your hidden talent?
I’m a good dancer.
14. Best restaurant in your area? Where is it?
Osteria Langhe: 2824 W. Armitage, Logan Square, Chicago.
15. SF or LA?
Out on the Town: 2023 Design Awards Celebration
To celebrate the Bay Area-based winners of the 2023 California Home+Design Awards, McGriff Architects hosted an intimate gathering at this year’s…
- May 25, 2023
Exclusive: Armadillo introduces the Eden and Corsica Collections
The B-Corp certified Australian based rug brand Armadillo just introduced two new collections- Eden and Corsica- that are available exclusively through…
- May 25, 2023
Artist Misha Kahn’s work, now on display at Friedman Benda in Los Angeles, dissolves the boundaries between art and sculpture and…
- May 24, 2023