Designer Crush: Lisa AdamsAuthor:Michelle Konstantinovsky
1. Who is your biggest role model?
I would have to say Ivanka Trump because she is a great businessWOMAN, a mother, entrepreneur, and seems to strike a great balance among them all. Though, I have had numerous mentors in my life from my mom, middle school teacher, basketball coaches, and professors!
2. Which movie or play do you wish you could have designed the set for?
Sex in the City, of course!
3. What is the best way to gauge a client’s personality before starting a project?
When meeting a potential client for the first time in their closet, I learn a lot about their personality in the first five minutes!
4. What new design trends are you excited to integrate into your work?
I am excited to use metal and stone in wood (e.g. marble dividers on shelves, metal inlay in drawer fronts, etc.), and to integrate lighting in metal hanging rods.
5. How do you completely unwind?
I run…and then love falling asleep during a massage…
6. If you hadn’t become a designer, which career would you have pursued?
I would definitely have stayed a chemist (my former life!), but think I’d also make a great accountant or sports’ manager!
7. What’s the worst pre-designer job you’ve ever had and why?
I worked for a fast food sushi restaurant and smelled of vinegar long after I left the job!
8. What’s your favorite recipe?
Oh gosh, I’m a horrible cook…I can do a pretty good baked miso cod, I think?
9. Create your perfect playlist for us.
10. Would you rather shop new or vintage?
11. First celebrity crush?
12. What’s your hidden talent?
Crossword puzzles and playing the piano and violin.
13. Best restaurant in your area? Where is it?
I am dying for Ricardo Zarate’s new Peruvian restaurant to open this summer in the old Comme Ca space on Melrose Avenue.
15. SF or LA?
LA, but I have a soft spot for SF! I went to school there (UC Berkeley) and lived in the city for many years.
Out on the Town: 2023 Design Awards Celebration
To celebrate the Bay Area-based winners of the 2023 California Home+Design Awards, McGriff Architects hosted an intimate gathering at this year’s…
- May 25, 2023
Exclusive: Armadillo introduces the Eden and Corsica Collections
The B-Corp certified Australian based rug brand Armadillo just introduced two new collections- Eden and Corsica- that are available exclusively through…
- May 25, 2023
Artist Misha Kahn’s work, now on display at Friedman Benda in Los Angeles, dissolves the boundaries between art and sculpture and…
- May 24, 2023