Designer Crush: Lisa AdamsAuthor:Michelle Konstantinovsky
1. Who is your biggest role model?
I would have to say Ivanka Trump because she is a great businessWOMAN, a mother, entrepreneur, and seems to strike a great balance among them all. Though, I have had numerous mentors in my life from my mom, middle school teacher, basketball coaches, and professors!
2. Which movie or play do you wish you could have designed the set for?
Sex in the City, of course!
3. What is the best way to gauge a client’s personality before starting a project?
When meeting a potential client for the first time in their closet, I learn a lot about their personality in the first five minutes!
4. What new design trends are you excited to integrate into your work?
I am excited to use metal and stone in wood (e.g. marble dividers on shelves, metal inlay in drawer fronts, etc.), and to integrate lighting in metal hanging rods.
5. How do you completely unwind?
I run…and then love falling asleep during a massage…
6. If you hadn’t become a designer, which career would you have pursued?
I would definitely have stayed a chemist (my former life!), but think I’d also make a great accountant or sports’ manager!
7. What’s the worst pre-designer job you’ve ever had and why?
I worked for a fast food sushi restaurant and smelled of vinegar long after I left the job!
8. What’s your favorite recipe?
Oh gosh, I’m a horrible cook…I can do a pretty good baked miso cod, I think?
9. Create your perfect playlist for us.
10. Would you rather shop new or vintage?
11. First celebrity crush?
12. What’s your hidden talent?
Crossword puzzles and playing the piano and violin.
13. Best restaurant in your area? Where is it?
I am dying for Ricardo Zarate’s new Peruvian restaurant to open this summer in the old Comme Ca space on Melrose Avenue.
15. SF or LA?
LA, but I have a soft spot for SF! I went to school there (UC Berkeley) and lived in the city for many years.
Design Matters: Taking Action
In honor of Black History Month, Fireclay Tile launches their annual Architecture Scholarship for Black Women For the third year, Fireclay…
- February 2, 2023
The Changemakers: The Painter’s Touch
Londubh Studio brings the art of fine painting back to design Londubh Studio founders Lisa Donohoe and Brynn Gelbard. Photos by…
- January 27, 2023
Heart and Soul
César Giraldo partners with new luxury leather maker LeBravo on a passionate new collection Photos courtesy of LeBravo While meeting at a…
- January 25, 2023