Designer Crush: Mitch BreanAuthor:Michelle Konstantinovsky
1. Who is your biggest role model?
Joe Nyiri, my art teacher from high school.
2. Which movie or play do you wish you could have designed the set for?
Like Water for Chocolate.
3. What is the best way to gauge a client’s personality before starting a project?
The collectable/art objects they hold on to.
4. What new design elements are you excited to integrate into your work?
Geometric shapes and patterns.
5. How do you completely unwind?
Napping on the daybed under my front veranda with my poodle Clicquot.
6. If you hadn’t become a designer, which career would you have pursued?
7. What’s the worst pre-designer job you’ve ever had and why?
Working in the darkroom of a photo lab. I kept falling asleep because of the darkness.
8. What’s your favorite recipe?
Shrimp ceviche tacos.
9. Create your perfect playlist for us.
10. Who is your designer crush?
11. Would you rather shop new or vintage?
12. First celebrity crush?
13. What’s your hidden talent?
Artist, I paint.
14. Best restaurant in your area? Where is it?
Jake’s on the beach in Del Mar, CA.
15. SF or LA?
SF by leaps and bounds.
Out on the Town: 2023 Design Awards Celebration
To celebrate the Bay Area-based winners of the 2023 California Home+Design Awards, McGriff Architects hosted an intimate gathering at this year’s…
- May 25, 2023
Exclusive: Armadillo introduces the Eden and Corsica Collections
The B-Corp certified Australian based rug brand Armadillo just introduced two new collections- Eden and Corsica- that are available exclusively through…
- May 25, 2023
Artist Misha Kahn’s work, now on display at Friedman Benda in Los Angeles, dissolves the boundaries between art and sculpture and…
- May 24, 2023