Designer Crush: Lara FishmanAuthor:Michelle Konstantinovsky
1. Who is your biggest role model?
My mom, as she is the wisest and kindest person I know. She makes me want to do better and demonstrates maternal unconditional love and guidance, always. She inspires me every day to do the same for my daughters. Professionally, I admire Andrée Putnam.
2. Which movie or play do you wish you could have designed the set for?
Gone with the Wind, probably because I am southern.
3. What is the best way to gauge a client’s personality before starting a project?
By spending time getting to know them; I like to insert subtle humor and see how they respond.
4. What new design elements are you excited to integrate into your work?
Artistic chain-link curtains with images by KriskaDECOR, I am currently using them on a project now. Auto paint to finish some of my millwork, resin, modern textile tapestries – large scale artwork.
5. How do you completely unwind?
Hot yoga, going to the beach with the family, movies, and taking long baths with just the right salts and candles.
6. If you hadn’t become a designer, which career would you have pursued?
I would be an architect or fashion designer.
7. What’s the worst pre-designer job you’ve ever had and why?
Working in-house as a PR director for an international haircare company; cray cray people but it has helped me understand PR and marketing for my own business.
8. What’s your favorite recipe?
My favorite recipe is Gazpacho from my founding partner, Mili Lazcano. She’s from Madrid and it’s her family recipe.
9. Create your perfect playlist for us.
10. Who is your designer crush?
Would you rather shop new or vintage?
First celebrity crush?
Henry Winkler, the Fonz.
What’s your hidden talent?
Stand-up comedy and karaoke.
Best restaurant in your area? Where is it?
Nobu in Malibu.
SF or LA?
If I could choose, SF, but we live in LA.
Industry pioneers Kneedler Fauchère celebrate a historic 75th anniversary by reflecting on their her-storic foundation The original showroom located in Jackson…
- September 22, 2023
Save the Date: The 2023 San Francisco Fall Show
The country’s most iconic antique show returns from Thursday, October 12 through Sunday, October 15 at Fort Mason Center for Arts…
- September 20, 2023
Step Virtually Inside the Living by Design Showhouse
The innovative design platform Embello launches its second annual virtual showhouse, Living by Design featuring dream rooms designed by 12 industry…
- September 13, 2023