LAST DAY to Enter the 2017 California Home+Design Awards!Author:Lindsey Shook
It’s our favorite time of year when we invite all California-based design professionals to submit their most innovative recent projects for consideration in our annual California Home+Design Awards. We are excited to announce this year we expanded the submission categories, adding Best Bathroom Design, Best Hotel Design and Best Spec Home Design.
One winner will be selected from each of the 16 categories listed below. Deadline for entry is: Friday, November 25, 2016 at 5 pm PST.
The winners will be featured in the 2017 spring edition of our magazine and announced at our annual California Home+Design Awards Gala.
• Residential Efficient / Sustainable Design
• Commercial Efficient / Sustainable Design
• Residential Interior Design (less than 3,000 sq. ft.)
• Residential Architecture (less than 3,000 sq. ft.)
• Residential Interior Design (more than 3,000 sq. ft.)
• Residential Architecture (more than 3,000 sq. ft.)
• Landscape Design
• New Product Design
• Showcase House Design
• Kitchen Design
• Bathroom Design
• Emerging Designer
• Design Icon
• Restaurant Interior Design
• Office Interior Design
• Hotel Design
• Spec Home Design
Cocktail Reception and Awards Presentations: San Francisco & Los Angeles – (check back for exact details)
All winners must be available to accept their awards in person.
NEW!!! THE 2017 WINE COUNTRY AWARDS
- Interior Design Winery
- Winery Architecture
- Tasting Room Design
- Wine Country – Restaurant Design
- Wine Country – Hotel Design
- Wine Country Home – Interior Design
- Winery Eco-Design
- Best Newcomer Overall
California-based professionals in the fields of interior design, architecture, landscape architecture, garden design and product design are eligible. To be considered, projects must be completed between Nov. 1, 2014 and Nov. 1, 2016 and must be submitted as whole-house projects only (excluding Product, Showcase House, Office, Restaurant, Emerging and Kitchen or Bath Design categories). Projects that have previously been published in the print edition of California Home+Design are not eligible.
We offer designers the opportunity to submit their entry online. There are three steps to the process:
1. Complete a payment for your submission (one per project, per category) via the Paypal payment buttons below, and take note of the email address you used to make the payment for your submission.
2. Email a Dropbox compiled link containing the following items:
• A project brief summarizing the project in 150 words or less. The brief must clearly state the single category you are entering in addition to your firm name and contact information.
• A publishable portrait of the designer.
• Low-resolution images of the project (JPEG files should be 100 dpi at 5 by 7 inches). In general, 8-15 images of a home or commercial project, or four images of a product, is sufficient.
•The right to publish all submitted photography, cleared in writing with the photographer(s) by the entrant (a template form can be found here).
• Confirmation of your entry fee payment in the amount of $100 (a screen grab of the confirmation page or a transaction ID number is fine).
3. Email the file (one email per project, per category) containing these items to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the same email address associated with the Paypal payment for your submission. The subject line must include the Firm or Designer Name, Awards Category Name and Project Name in order to be considered. Sample format: First – Last, Landscape Design, Hilltop Home.
You will receive email confirmation within two-four business days of submitting your entry. Emailed submissions that do not match up to a Paypal payment email address will be considered incomplete and will not be eligible for judging.
All entries must be received by Friday, November 25, 2016 at 5pm.
We will confirm receipt of submission via email within two-four business days.
We will notify finalists in each category by December 16, 2016, and request high-resolution images or additional information as needed.
Design Matters: Taking Action
In honor of Black History Month, Fireclay Tile launches their annual Architecture Scholarship for Black Women For the third year, Fireclay…
- February 2, 2023
The Changemakers: The Painter’s Touch
Londubh Studio brings the art of fine painting back to design Londubh Studio founders Lisa Donohoe and Brynn Gelbard. Photos by…
- January 27, 2023
Heart and Soul
César Giraldo partners with new luxury leather maker LeBravo on a passionate new collection Photos courtesy of LeBravo While meeting at a…
- January 25, 2023