I have to say that I have such an incredible group of friends. They are all very creative, entrepreneurial, inspiring people that I get so much support from. I don’t know what I would do without them. Also my parents taught us to work hard and always follow our dreams.
2. Which movie or play do you wish you could have designed the set for?
I am currently obsessed with an Italian movie called The Great Beauty by Paolo Sorrentino. It is a visual feast with Rome as the backdrop. The architecture, the mix of old and modern, and of course the fashion has me totally captivated.
3. What is the best way to gauge a client’s personality before starting a project?
I actually love to show clients a large variety of art to see all their different facets. It is always surprising to what they are attracted to.
4. What new design elements are you excited to integrate into your work?
Since I specialize in decorative finishes, we are always in the studio playing with new materials. We have been doing a lot of agate floors and walls. Lacquer graffiti walls, resin pours with crushed glass….oh and we just got our hands on
abalone sheets for someone’s soon to be walls.
5. How do you completely unwind?
During the week, cooking totally relaxes me…But totally unwinding usually requires traveling somewhere for me.
6. If you hadn’t become a designer, which career would you have pursued?
Either a chef or a fashion designer.
7. What’s the worst pre-designer job you’ve ever had and why?
Honestly I never had one, I have been very lucky in life.