Designer Crush: César GiraldoAuthor:Michelle Konstantinovsky
1. Who is your biggest role model?
My parents. I was very fortunate to have been raised by two loving parents.
2. Which movie or play do you wish you could have designed the set for?
A Single Man. I love the set because it was intimate, well-curated and filled with poetry.
3. What is the best way to gauge a client’s personality before starting a project?
I let them take the stage, so I’m able to observe and listen.
4. What new design elements are you excited to integrate into your work?
I love to integrate contemporary designs with mid-century modern pieces.
5. How do you completely unwind?
I go hiking every day.
6. If you hadn’t become a designer, which career would you have pursued?
7. What’s the worst pre-designer job you’ve ever had and why?
I worked setting up parties for major brands across the country, and I didn’t like being away from Los Angeles.
8. What’s your favorite recipe?
Oyster mushroom tacos: Saute the Mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, onions, garlic, Thai chilis, and garbanzo beans. Add the ingredients to a homemade corn tortilla. Squeeze lime juice and sprinkle cilantro.
9. Create your perfect playlist for us.
10. Who is your designer crush?
Marcio Kogan—love his aesthetics.
11. Would you rather shop new or vintage?
12. First celebrity crush?
13. What’s your hidden talent?
14. Best restaurant in your area?
Where is it? Cafe Stella in Silver Lake.
Amie Mays of the Amaysing Co. shares what she is currently coveting “To say that I love chairs is an understatement. I…
- April 12, 2021
2021 Modernism Week Happening Now!
It’s one of our favorite times of year, when the celebration of mid-century modern architecture, design and culture at the annual…
- April 9, 2021
Designer Crush: Parlor Interiors
Taylor Anne Abess’ passion for design flourished at an early age while trailing alongside her interior designer mother on job sites…
- April 8, 2021