Designer Crush: César GiraldoAuthor:Michelle Konstantinovsky
1. Who is your biggest role model?
My parents. I was very fortunate to have been raised by two loving parents.
2. Which movie or play do you wish you could have designed the set for?
A Single Man. I love the set because it was intimate, well-curated and filled with poetry.
3. What is the best way to gauge a client’s personality before starting a project?
I let them take the stage, so I’m able to observe and listen.
4. What new design elements are you excited to integrate into your work?
I love to integrate contemporary designs with mid-century modern pieces.
5. How do you completely unwind?
I go hiking every day.
6. If you hadn’t become a designer, which career would you have pursued?
7. What’s the worst pre-designer job you’ve ever had and why?
I worked setting up parties for major brands across the country, and I didn’t like being away from Los Angeles.
8. What’s your favorite recipe?
Oyster mushroom tacos: Saute the Mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, onions, garlic, Thai chilis, and garbanzo beans. Add the ingredients to a homemade corn tortilla. Squeeze lime juice and sprinkle cilantro.
9. Create your perfect playlist for us.
10. Who is your designer crush?
Marcio Kogan—love his aesthetics.
11. Would you rather shop new or vintage?
12. First celebrity crush?
13. What’s your hidden talent?
14. Best restaurant in your area?
Where is it? Cafe Stella in Silver Lake.
Save the Date: “Bone Black” at DZINE Gallery
DZINE Gallery Announces the Opening of “Bone Black” – A Group Exhibition Exploring the Intersection Between Logic, Geometry and Instinct AC/DC…
- October 21, 2019
Form & Function: Cultivating Creativity
Jarrod Baumann’s out-there thinking takes gardens to the next level In Los Gatos, Baumann created a modern parterre that includes a…
- October 21, 2019
Windy Chien at the Hotel San Luis Obispo
Bay Area artist Windy Chien describes herself as a lifelong “outsider” but her newest work is debuting this month in a…
- October 16, 2019