Designer Crush: Wendy HaworthAuthor:Michelle Konstantinovsky
1. Who is your biggest role model?
Coco Chanel – she was incredibly independent, innovative and believed in timeless simplicity.
2. Which movie or play do you wish you could have designed the set for?
Ah, so many but one film that comes to mind is I Am Love with Tilda Swinton, which features the Villa Necchi Campiglio in Milan that is just out of control gorgeous.
3. What is the best way to gauge a client’ s personality before starting a project?
Lots of nosy questions about everything: where they’re from, what they do, where they like to vacation, their interests – It’s a complex equation.
4. What new design elements are you excited to integrate into your work?
LED lighting – it’s getting better everyday and is such a great sustainable advancement.
5. How do you completely unwind?
A movie and popcorn at home with my boyfriend.
6. If you hadn’t become a designer, which career would you have pursued?
7. What’ s the worst pre-designer job you’ ve ever had and why?
I worked as a phone sales person for a portrait photography “studio” cold calling people to seduce families to come in to have their portraits done. I lasted a day.
8. What’s your favorite recipe?
Our “house cocktail” is a modified Poloma that my boyfriend makes: Tequila, grapefruit soda over ice with salted rim and lime garnish.
9. Create your perfect playlist for us.
It’s a little of everything but here it goes:
10. Who is your designer crush?
11. Would you rather shop new or vintage?
12. First celebrity crush?
13. What’s your hidden talent?
Homemade loquat jam!
14. Best restaurant in your area? Where is it?
Night + Market Song in Silverlake.
15. SF or LA?
Designer Crush: Benner Landscape Design
As the daughter of a suburban New Jersey landscape designer, Patricia Benner inherited her mother’s passion for gardening and her East…
- October 22, 2019
Save the Date: “Bone Black” at DZINE Gallery
DZINE Gallery Announces the Opening of “Bone Black” – A Group Exhibition Exploring the Intersection Between Logic, Geometry and Instinct AC/DC…
- October 21, 2019
Form & Function: Cultivating Creativity
Jarrod Baumann’s out-there thinking takes gardens to the next level In Los Gatos, Baumann created a modern parterre that includes a…
- October 21, 2019