Designer Crush: Wendy HaworthAuthor:Michelle Konstantinovsky
1. Who is your biggest role model?
Coco Chanel – she was incredibly independent, innovative and believed in timeless simplicity.
2. Which movie or play do you wish you could have designed the set for?
Ah, so many but one film that comes to mind is I Am Love with Tilda Swinton, which features the Villa Necchi Campiglio in Milan that is just out of control gorgeous.
3. What is the best way to gauge a client’ s personality before starting a project?
Lots of nosy questions about everything: where they’re from, what they do, where they like to vacation, their interests – It’s a complex equation.
4. What new design elements are you excited to integrate into your work?
LED lighting – it’s getting better everyday and is such a great sustainable advancement.
5. How do you completely unwind?
A movie and popcorn at home with my boyfriend.
6. If you hadn’t become a designer, which career would you have pursued?
7. What’ s the worst pre-designer job you’ ve ever had and why?
I worked as a phone sales person for a portrait photography “studio” cold calling people to seduce families to come in to have their portraits done. I lasted a day.
8. What’s your favorite recipe?
Our “house cocktail” is a modified Poloma that my boyfriend makes: Tequila, grapefruit soda over ice with salted rim and lime garnish.
9. Create your perfect playlist for us.
It’s a little of everything but here it goes:
10. Who is your designer crush?
11. Would you rather shop new or vintage?
12. First celebrity crush?
13. What’s your hidden talent?
Homemade loquat jam!
14. Best restaurant in your area? Where is it?
Night + Market Song in Silverlake.
15. SF or LA?
Keeping an eye on Queer Eye Star Bobby Berk
From the award-winning designer who makes us laugh and cry while transforming spaces on the hit Netflix show, Queer Eye, Bobby…
- April 19, 2019
Get Ready For La Cienega Design Quarter’s Annual Legends Event, May 7-9
It’s almost May and that means it’s almost time for Los Angeles’ La Cienega Design Quarter annual Legends event. Opening Image:…
- April 18, 2019
Nate Berkus and Jeremiah Brent’s Latest Living Spaces Collection
While most of us dread April 15th, this year it has an upside. It’s the day that Nate Berkus and Jeremiah…
- April 15, 2019