Designer Crush: Erica BryenAuthor:Michelle Konstantinovsky
1) Who is your biggest role model?
My dad, Marc Gerber, for many reasons.
2) Which movie or play do you wish you could have designed the set for?
Definitely Casino. I love the style during that era and think it would have been so fun to take part in that set design.
3) What is the best way to gauge your client’s personality before starting a project?
I like to have clients give me examples of things they like and dislike, and show me pictures. It really helps you tell a lot about their design taste.
4) What new design elements are you excited to integrate into your work?
Gold, rose gold, and bronze are all making a strong come back and I love mixing them in a space. I also like to incorporate mixed metals with woods for an interesting combination.
5) How do you completely unwind?
Getting a pedicure – its my only time to myself.
6) If you hadn’t become a designer, which career would you have pursued?
I would have pursued a career in the fashion industry. I still hope to have a purse line at some point in the future.
7) What’s the worst pre-designer job you have ever had and why?
When I was in high school I worked a lot of weekends for my dad’s company. I was always really bummed because my friends were all at the beach and I felt like I was missing out. But it paid off because I learned to have a strong work ethic, which has carried over into my company today.
8) What’s your favorite recipe?
I wish I could give you one, but I honestly am the worst cook ever.
9) Create your perfect playlist.
10) Who is your designer crush?
I have a few, but my number one would have to be Kelly Wearstler. I really appreciate all the originality that goes into all of her designs. Its great that she’s not afraid to take a chance and be bold.
11) Would you rather shop new or vinage?
12) First Celeb Crush?
Anthony Kiedis of the Red Hot Chili Peppers.
13) What’s your hidden talent?
14) Best restaurant in your area?
That’s a hard question. I am a steak girl and I seem to hang out at A Restaurant a lot. So, A Restaurant in Newport Beach.
15) SF or LA?
SF, but with LA weather.
Industry pioneers Kneedler Fauchère celebrate a historic 75th anniversary by reflecting on their her-storic foundation The original showroom located in Jackson…
- September 22, 2023
Save the Date: The 2023 San Francisco Fall Show
The country’s most iconic antique show returns from Thursday, October 12 through Sunday, October 15 at Fort Mason Center for Arts…
- September 20, 2023
Step Virtually Inside the Living by Design Showhouse
The innovative design platform Embello launches its second annual virtual showhouse, Living by Design featuring dream rooms designed by 12 industry…
- September 13, 2023