Showroom Crush: Janet Yonaty Inc.Author:Michelle Konstantinovsky
1. How did you get your start in interior furnishings?
I fell in love with the quality and beauty of antique fabrics and trimmings and decided that it was something I needed to be around. So I decided to open a showroom.
2. What differentiates Janet Yonaty, Inc. from other showrooms?
Janet Yonaty is a shop where anyone feels welcome. We love to work with clients to create something special. Everything in our showroom can be made custom, the options are endless. We also try very hard to make sure everything is perfect and that the client is happy with the end result.
3. Tell us about the textiles and trims collection.
Our trim collection ranges from antique reproductions and simple grosgrain trims, to fancy bullions in all different colors. We think of trimming like jewelry at our showroom. It is the last thing you put on that can make something ordinary look extraordinary. Our textile collection has been growing over the years. We have traditional fabrics, modern fabrics, and transitional. Our latest collection is made from very durable yarns, with lovely lines and textures made in an array of our favorite colors.
4. How do you completely unwind?
Spending time with my family allows me to unwind.
5. What’s the worst pre-showroom job you’ve ever had and why?
To be honest I have never had a job that I hated. I really enjoy working and staying busy.
6. What’s your favorite recipe?
- Walnuts ground – 1 lb sauté lightly.
- Fry chopped onions and add chicken – fry till golden.
- Add walnuts to chicken and onion mixture, let cook for two hours.
- Add pomegranate paste and let cook another 2 hours.
- Eat with Persian white rice.
7. Create your perfect playlist for us.
8. Would you rather shop new or vintage?
9. First celebrity crush?
Natalie Wood, Clark Gable.
10. What’s your hidden talent?
11. Best restaurant in your area? Where is it?
Cecconi’s, West Hollywood.
12. San Francisco or Los Angeles?
Design Matters: Taking Action
In honor of Black History Month, Fireclay Tile launches their annual Architecture Scholarship for Black Women For the third year, Fireclay…
- February 2, 2023
The Changemakers: The Painter’s Touch
Londubh Studio brings the art of fine painting back to design Londubh Studio founders Lisa Donohoe and Brynn Gelbard. Photos by…
- January 27, 2023
Heart and Soul
César Giraldo partners with new luxury leather maker LeBravo on a passionate new collection Photos courtesy of LeBravo While meeting at a…
- January 25, 2023