Designer Crush: Trip HaenischAuthor:Michelle Konstantinovsky
1. When did you first become interested in interior design and what inspired your eventual career path?
When I moved to Los Angeles after college I saw homes designed in ways I had never seen while growing up in Kansas. It was exciting and inspiring.
2. What’s the process for getting to know your clients so you can really customize your creations to suit their lifestyles?
This is the most important aspects of my work. I really want the space to be about them so we spend an incredibly long time discussing how they live and how they want to live, making sure the space is personalized. I also like a collected look — we look at a lot of pictures and styles and types of furniture to decide on pieces the client specifically can relate to.
3. You’ve worked with some incredibly well-known clients, including Courteney Cox, Hank Azaria, and Molly Sims. Which celebrities are you still dying to work with and why?
I love all of my clients. What is really important to me is to have the opportunity to work and collaborate with nice people.
4. What is your biggest interior design pet peeve that you avoid at all costs?
Themed rooms where everything is one style.
5. How do you describe “California style”? What makes it distinct?
California style is all about indoor/outdoor living, blurring the line between the inside and out. Our weather allows us to do this while it might not be possible in other parts of the country.
6. Which musical albums or artists have been influential in your life and why?
David Bowie comes to mind — his music, style was always innovative and unlike anything else.
7. What are your favorite travel destinations and what makes them special?
Kansas City. It’s my hometown. I love seeing family and old friends. The city has a great art community and interesting places to buy furniture. And of course, Paris, it’s the most beautiful city in the world — great food, art and architecture. What could be better?
8. Describe your perfect Sunday from morning to night.
Yoga, brunch, swim or hike, romantic dinner, etc.
9. Early bird or night owl?
10. Salty or sweet?
11. Beach or mountains?
12. Real news or Real Housewives?
13. Netflix and chill or out all night?
‘In’ all night.
2023 Product Design Award: Livwell by Natasha Baradaran
It is no secret that the interior design and development industries are often the most detrimental to the health of our…
- March 24, 2023
Out on the Town: Luxury Living Group Opens with a New Design
To kick-off Oscar weekend, Italian design brand Luxury Living Group celebrated the re-opening of their L.A. showroom—located on Beverly Blvd—in their…
- March 15, 2023
The celebrated L.A. interior designer discusses “CURATED: The Collection of Cliff Fong” auction at Bonhams Cliff Fong outside his L.A. home.…
- March 9, 2023