It’s Time to Submit Your Work for the 2018 California Home+Design AwardsAuthor:Lindsey Shook
It’s our favorite time of the year! When our inbox is filled with dreamy designs from California’s most talented minds for the annual California Home+Design Awards. We invite all California-based design professionals to submit their most recent project or projects for consideration. One winner will be selected from each of the categories listed below. Stay tuned for the launch of our Wine Country Awards, coming soon!
Deadline for entry is Monday November 13, 2017 at 5pm PST.
The winners will be featured in the Spring 2018 edition of our magazine and announced at the annual California Home+Design Awards in both San Francisco and Los Angeles.
• Residential Efficient / Sustainable Design
• Commercial Efficient / Sustainable Design
• Residential Interior Design
• Residential Architecture
• Landscape Design
• New Product Design
• Showcase House Design
• Kitchen Design
• Bath Design
• Restaurant Design
• Office Design
• Hotel Design
• Spec Home Design
• Emerging Designer
• Design Icon
*Cocktail Reception and Awards Presentations: San Francisco & Los Angeles to be announced at a later date. All winners must be available to accept their awards in person.
California-based professionals in the fields of interior design, architecture, landscape architecture, garden design and product design are eligible. To be considered, projects must be completed between Nov. 1, 2015 and Nov. 1, 2017 and must be submitted as whole-house projects only (excluding Product, Showcase House, Emerging and Kitchen or Bath Design categories). Projects that have previously been published in the print edition of California Home+Design are not eligible.
We offer designers the opportunity to submit their entry online. There are three steps to the process:
1. Complete a payment for your submission (one per project, per category) via the Paypal payment buttons below, and take note of the email address you used to make the payment for your submission.
2. Create Dropbox link to a master file containing the following items:
• A project brief that summarizes the project in 150 words or less. The brief must clearly state the single category you are entering in addition to your firm name and contact information.
• A list of all products and vendors used in the project.
• 10-15 Low-resolution images of the project being submitted (JPEG files should be 100 dpi at 5 by 7 inches). Four images of a product, is sufficient.
•The right to publish all submitted photography, cleared in writing with the photographer(s) by the entrant.
• A confirmation of the $125 processing payment to CA Home+Design (a screen grab of the confirmation page or a transaction ID number is fine).
3. Email the link with the file (one email per project, per category) containing these items to email@example.com, using the same email address associated with the Paypal payment for your submission. The subject line must include the Firm or Designer Name, Awards Category Name and Project Name in order to be considered. Sample format: First Last, Landscape Design, Hilltop Home.
You will receive email confirmation within five business days of submitting your entry. Emailed submissions that do not match up to a Paypal payment email address will be considered incomplete and will not be eligible for judging.
All entries must be received by Monday, November 13, 2017 at 5 pm.
We will confirm receipt of submission via email within five business days.
We will notify finalists in each category by December 20, 2017 and request high-resolution images or additional information as needed.
2023 Product Design Award: Livwell by Natasha Baradaran
It is no secret that the interior design and development industries are often the most detrimental to the health of our…
- March 24, 2023
Out on the Town: Luxury Living Group Opens with a New Design
To kick-off Oscar weekend, Italian design brand Luxury Living Group celebrated the re-opening of their L.A. showroom—located on Beverly Blvd—in their…
- March 15, 2023
The celebrated L.A. interior designer discusses “CURATED: The Collection of Cliff Fong” auction at Bonhams Cliff Fong outside his L.A. home.…
- March 9, 2023