The 6th Annual Silicon Valley Modern Home Tour ReturnsAuthor:Michelle Konstantinovsky
On Saturday, June 9th, the Modern Architecture+ Design Society (MA+DS) returns to Silicon Valley for the 2018 Modern Home Tour. The annual event gives regional architects, designers, and home builders the opportunity to showcase their work to the community in which they work. In turn, the self-guided tour gives the community an opportunity to engage the minds behind the designs and ask questions, as they explore some of central California’s modern homes up close, inside and out.
Participants and homes featured on the 2018 Silicon Valley Modern Home Tour include:
- A new Palo Alto modern dwelling, designed by Buttrick Projects A+D, that serves as home to a family’s art collection, and double as guest house and office space
- An ultra-contemporary home in Los Altos Hills, designed by M. Designs Architects, that combines architectural design and engineering into smart, sustainable 21st century living
- A Guy Ayers Architect restoration of one of the first Eichlers ever built (1948), in Sunnyvale, that features one of the few original butterfly-roofs on an Eichler home
- A second Sunnyvale Eichler (a 1959 variation of the Anshen and Allen “E-11”), renovated and remodeled by Draco Design and Construction, that includes a brand new butterfly roof in the new design
- A modern home in Cupertino, designed by Craig Steely Architecture, that floats in the canopy of a dense oak grove in the foothills of the Santa Cruz Mountains
MA+DS also just announced a new partnership with Comprehensive Disaster Relief Services (CDRS). Volunteers will help staff the event in exchange for a donation to help further the CDRS mission to provide emergency relief, healthcare, and logistics services in response to large disasters anywhere in the World.
Participating homes in the 6th annual Silicon Valley Modern Home Tour will open their doors for viewing from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. on Saturday, June 9th. Tickets to see all homes are $40 in advance online; $50 on the day of the tour. Details on ticket purchases and descriptions of all participants with photos can be found on the 2018 Silicon Valley Modern Home Tour event page.
Designer Crush: Hilliard Lamps
For four decades, Hilliard Lamps has produced handcrafted, luxury artisan lighting, specializing in hospitality, residential, and commercial installations. The California company began…
- July 22, 2019
Behind The Design Mind: Croft House
In another in our occasional series on California makers, we sat down with Los Angeles-based manufacturer and retailer Croft House, which…
- July 19, 2019
The American Craft Show returns to San Francisco
The American Craft Show returns to San Francisco’s Fort Mason Center for Arts & Culture on Friday August 2 and runs…
- July 18, 2019