Enter the 2019 California Home+Design Awards Now!Author:Lindsey Shook
It’s our favorite time of the year! When our inbox is filled with dreamy designs from California’s most talented minds for the annual California Home+Design Awards, presented by Pacific Sales Kitchen & Home. We invite all California-based design professionals to submit their most recent project or projects for consideration. One winner will be selected from each of the categories listed below.
Deadline for entry is Friday, November 30, 2018 at 5pm PST.
The winners will be featured in the Spring 2019 edition of our magazine and announced at the annual California Home+Design Awards in both San Francisco and Los Angeles.
• Sustainable Design
• Residential Interior Design
• Residential Architecture
• Landscape Design
• New Product Design
• Showcase House Design
• Kitchen Design
• Bath Design
• Restaurant Design
• Office Design
• Hotel Design
• Wine Country Residential Design
• Winery Design
• Emerging Designer
•NEW THIS YEAR…The Color category, brought to life by Farrow&Ball. Submit a project using one of Farrow&Ball’s vibrant colors!
*Cocktail Reception and Awards Presentations: San Francisco & Los Angeles to be celebrated at a later date. All winners must be available to accept their awards in person.
California-based professionals in the fields of interior design, architecture, landscape architecture, garden design and product design are eligible. To be considered, projects must be completed between Nov. 1, 2016 and Nov. 1, 2018 and must be submitted as whole-house projects only (excluding Product, Showcase House, Emerging and Kitchen or Bath Design categories). Projects that have previously been published in the print edition of California Home+Design are not eligible.
We offer designers the opportunity to submit their entry online. There are three steps to the process:
1. Complete a payment for your submission (one per project, per category) via the Paypal payment buttons below, and take note of the email address you used to make the payment for your submission.
2. Create Dropbox link to a master file containing the following items:
• A project brief that summarizes the project in 150 words or less. The brief must clearly state the single category you are entering in addition to your firm name and contact information.
• A list of all products and vendors used in the project.
• 10-15 Low-resolution images of the project being submitted (JPEG files should be 100 dpi at 5 by 7 inches). Four images of a product, is sufficient.
•The right to publish all submitted photography, cleared in writing with the photographer(s) by the entrant.
• A confirmation of the $150 processing payment to California Home+Design (a screen grab of the confirmation page or a transaction ID number is fine).
3. Email the link with the file (one email per project, per category) containing these items to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the same email address associated with the Paypal payment for your submission. The subject line must include the Firm or Designer Name, Awards Category Name and Project Name in order to be considered. Sample format: First Last, Landscape Design, Hilltop Home.
- All entries must be received by Friday, November 30, 2018 at 5 pm.
- We will confirm receipt of submission via email within ten business days.
- We will notify finalists in each category by December 19, 2018 and request high-resolution images or additional information as needed.
THE 2019 COLOR CATEGORY LAUNCH IN PARTNERSHIP WITH:
Save the Date: “Bone Black” at DZINE Gallery
DZINE Gallery Announces the Opening of “Bone Black” – A Group Exhibition Exploring the Intersection Between Logic, Geometry and Instinct AC/DC…
- October 21, 2019
Form & Function: Cultivating Creativity
Jarrod Baumann’s out-there thinking takes gardens to the next level In Los Gatos, Baumann created a modern parterre that includes a…
- October 21, 2019
Windy Chien at the Hotel San Luis Obispo
Bay Area artist Windy Chien describes herself as a lifelong “outsider” but her newest work is debuting this month in a…
- October 16, 2019