Enter the 2019 California Home+Design Awards Now!Author:Lindsey Shook
It’s our favorite time of the year! When our inbox is filled with dreamy designs from California’s most talented minds for the annual California Home+Design Awards, presented by Pacific Sales Kitchen & Home. We invite all California-based design professionals to submit their most recent project or projects for consideration. One winner will be selected from each of the categories listed below.
Deadline for entry is Friday, November 30, 2018 at 5pm PST.
The winners will be featured in the Spring 2019 edition of our magazine and announced at the annual California Home+Design Awards in both San Francisco and Los Angeles.
• Sustainable Design
• Residential Interior Design
• Residential Architecture
• Landscape Design
• New Product Design
• Showcase House Design
• Kitchen Design
• Bath Design
• Restaurant Design
• Office Design
• Hotel Design
• Wine Country Residential Design
• Winery Design
• Emerging Designer
•NEW THIS YEAR…The Color category, brought to life by Farrow&Ball. Submit a project using one of Farrow&Ball’s vibrant colors!
*Cocktail Reception and Awards Presentations: San Francisco & Los Angeles to be celebrated at a later date. All winners must be available to accept their awards in person.
California-based professionals in the fields of interior design, architecture, landscape architecture, garden design and product design are eligible. To be considered, projects must be completed between Nov. 1, 2016 and Nov. 1, 2018 and must be submitted as whole-house projects only (excluding Product, Showcase House, Emerging and Kitchen or Bath Design categories). Projects that have previously been published in the print edition of California Home+Design are not eligible.
We offer designers the opportunity to submit their entry online. There are three steps to the process:
1. Complete a payment for your submission (one per project, per category) via the Paypal payment buttons below, and take note of the email address you used to make the payment for your submission.
2. Create Dropbox link to a master file containing the following items:
• A project brief that summarizes the project in 150 words or less. The brief must clearly state the single category you are entering in addition to your firm name and contact information.
• A list of all products and vendors used in the project.
• 10-15 Low-resolution images of the project being submitted (JPEG files should be 100 dpi at 5 by 7 inches). Four images of a product, is sufficient.
•The right to publish all submitted photography, cleared in writing with the photographer(s) by the entrant.
• A confirmation of the $150 processing payment to California Home+Design (a screen grab of the confirmation page or a transaction ID number is fine).
3. Email the link with the file (one email per project, per category) containing these items to email@example.com, using the same email address associated with the Paypal payment for your submission. The subject line must include the Firm or Designer Name, Awards Category Name and Project Name in order to be considered. Sample format: First Last, Landscape Design, Hilltop Home.
- All entries must be received by Friday, November 30, 2018 at 5 pm.
- We will confirm receipt of submission via email within ten business days.
- We will notify finalists in each category by December 19, 2018 and request high-resolution images or additional information as needed.
THE 2019 COLOR CATEGORY LAUNCH IN PARTNERSHIP WITH:
Industry pioneers Kneedler Fauchère celebrate a historic 75th anniversary by reflecting on their her-storic foundation The original showroom located in Jackson…
- September 22, 2023
Save the Date: The 2023 San Francisco Fall Show
The country’s most iconic antique show returns from Thursday, October 12 through Sunday, October 15 at Fort Mason Center for Arts…
- September 20, 2023
Step Virtually Inside the Living by Design Showhouse
The innovative design platform Embello launches its second annual virtual showhouse, Living by Design featuring dream rooms designed by 12 industry…
- September 13, 2023