Kristen Peña Decks the Halls for the HolidaysAuthor:Lindsey Shook
For those of us who live and breathe design, the best part about the holidays isn’t the presents, it’s the decor! Whether you prefer traditional holiday decorations that celebrate red, gold and green or like to incorporate neon hues, nothing is right or wrong when it comes to making your holiday magical. We asked Bay Area designer Kristen Peña of K Interiors to share her tips for making this holiday season beautiful and bright. Inspired by her global travels, Peña loves to play with color, pattern and texture in order to create a space where one can dream.
1. I love to layer sheepskins onto dining chairs so that guests feeling warm and cozy throughout the evening.
2. It’s fun to create garlands native to your surroundings, like this eucalyptus mantle.
3.DIY advent calendars are fun to create and to admire!
4. Use your firewood as an element of decor to achieve a super cozy hygge look.
5. If you want to keep your look minimal but integrate festive red and green? Try using fruits and vegetables placed along your table to add the perfect pop of color.
6. If you are short on space, place some Pine branches into a vase and add ornaments to create a micro tree.
7. One of my rules…keep it simple! The holidays are full of beautiful food and drinks, so its key to keep the tablescape simple and let the food be the main event.
8. Keep present wrapping low key and organic. Butcher paper and twine with a sprig of pine or eucalyptus can be so beautiful.
Artek + Heath Collection Debut
Heath LA, a California staple for selling goods of timeless design has teamed up with Artek, renowned maker of modern furniture,…
- March 19, 2019
Designer Crush: Lindsay Gerber
Photos by Paul Dyer Northern California native Lindsay Gerber embraces every aspect of the Golden State’s unique aesthetic in her interior…
- March 19, 2019
The Agenda: Architecture & Design Lunch & Learn; FIDM’s Annual Art Of Motion Picture Costume Design Exhibition and more
Lunch & LearnThe 2019 Bay Area Architecture & Design Lunch & Learn unites industry thought-leaders to discuss everything from interior trends…
- March 18, 2019