Kristen Peña Decks the Halls for the HolidaysAuthor:Lindsey Shook
For those of us who live and breathe design, the best part about the holidays isn’t the presents, it’s the decor! Whether you prefer traditional holiday decorations that celebrate red, gold and green or like to incorporate neon hues, nothing is right or wrong when it comes to making your holiday magical. We asked Bay Area designer Kristen Peña of K Interiors to share her tips for making this holiday season beautiful and bright. Inspired by her global travels, Peña loves to play with color, pattern and texture in order to create a space where one can dream.
1. I love to layer sheepskins onto dining chairs so that guests feeling warm and cozy throughout the evening.
2. It’s fun to create garlands native to your surroundings, like this eucalyptus mantle.
3.DIY advent calendars are fun to create and to admire!
4. Use your firewood as an element of decor to achieve a super cozy hygge look.
5. If you want to keep your look minimal but integrate festive red and green? Try using fruits and vegetables placed along your table to add the perfect pop of color.
6. If you are short on space, place some Pine branches into a vase and add ornaments to create a micro tree.
7. One of my rules…keep it simple! The holidays are full of beautiful food and drinks, so its key to keep the tablescape simple and let the food be the main event.
8. Keep present wrapping low key and organic. Butcher paper and twine with a sprig of pine or eucalyptus can be so beautiful.
2023 Product Design Award: Livwell by Natasha Baradaran
It is no secret that the interior design and development industries are often the most detrimental to the health of our…
- March 24, 2023
Out on the Town: Luxury Living Group Opens with a New Design
To kick-off Oscar weekend, Italian design brand Luxury Living Group celebrated the re-opening of their L.A. showroom—located on Beverly Blvd—in their…
- March 15, 2023
The celebrated L.A. interior designer discusses “CURATED: The Collection of Cliff Fong” auction at Bonhams Cliff Fong outside his L.A. home.…
- March 9, 2023