Spend a Few Fleeting Summer Days at Four Seasons Resort Punta MitaAuthor:Michelle Konstantinovsky
Somehow the calendar is trying to suggest it’s nearly August which means that in a few short weeks, summer will be coming to a close and Christmas carols will start playing any second. Before the sunshine slips away, you might want to consider booking a last-minute getaway South of the border.
Situated in Mexico’s Riviera Nayarit region, Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita is located in a private 1,500-acre community, 45 minutes from Puerto Vallarta. The beachfront property included 177 casita-style guest rooms and 50 villas, three alfresco Richard Sandoval restaurants with ocean views, a bar that boasts over 200!) types of tequila, a spa, and two world-class golf courses designed by Jack Nicklaus. For a limited time, the resort is also offering special immersive guest experiences designed to give guests an authentic taste of Mexican culture.
Here are the cultural and culinary workshops you’ll find at Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita this summer: Cultural Workshops:
- Sandal Making Experience: Learn about the history of the “Tarahumara” (light feet) nation and create a pair of sandals inspired by the well-known runners using the same materials that have been used for centuries, like car tire soles, colored yarn, and leather strips. Priced at $64 USD per person.
- Amate Paper Workshop: This workshop educates guests about the meaning of the Aztec calendar and its importance in Mexican culture. Guests will receive an Aztec calendar engraved on bark paper, which they can paint and take home as a souvenir. Priced at $64 USD per person.
- Dream Catcher Making: Guests are invited to discover the meaning of dream catchers in native Huichol culture and create their own using natural materials from the region including tree vines, leather strips, beads and feathers. Priced at $66 USD per person.
- Mezcal Tasting at Dos Catrinas Restaurant: Designed by Colombian architect Saul Sasson, Dos Catrinas’ ground level features the main restaurant and bar while the second level offers a second bar and lounge. Guests are invited to enjoy the resort’s custom mezcal blend “Los Mitos” as part of a new mezcal tasting experience at the bar. Priced at $64 USD per person.
- “Soulcation” Mind, Body and Soul Retreats: Recharge and reset with three and four-day retreats that include everything from spiritual energy clearing and sound healing to mud rituals and chakra balancing treatments. Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita Soulcations start at $895, inclusive of lodging and activities. Food and beverage are priced at consumption.
In addition to all the hands-on experiences, the resort is also giving its rooms a refresh, debuting the results of a comprehensive renovation this fall. Inspired by the blue-footed booby birds inhabiting Las Marietas island, the room’s beach atmosphere is created by combining classic Mexican design with updated, modern touches and native Huichol crafts.
For more information, call +52 (329) 291-6000 or visit www.fourseasons.com/puntamita.