Last Minute Valentine’s EscapesAuthor:Lindsey Shook
It’s been nearly a year now of staying inside, following proper guidelines and taking careful precautions for ourselves and others. Some of us have ventured out on soul cleansing road trips, but most of us are due for some serious TLC. With many states lifting stay-at-home orders and allowing hotels and dining to reopen—and Valentine’s Day falling on the three-day President’s Weekend—that gives us three glorious days for a pampering escape. Here are a few of our favorite last minute getaways, from a romantic “love lockdown” in Jackson Hole to a spirited “single AF” Galentine getaway in the City of Angels.
Get away for the long weekend for a special “Love Lockdown” at this gorgeous LEED-built Forbes 4-star luxury boutique hotel in Jackson Hole. The hotel offers bespoke winter wonderland such as Snow Shoeing and Stargazing in the Grand Tetons, Snow Mobiling through Yellowstone, skiing, ice hiking and more, to cozying up by the fire in the romantic Sacajawea Library with a handcrafted cocktail. Package includes:
- Three nights in a King room or Suite, with fireplace, spa-inspired bathrooms with soaking tubs
- Daily breakfast in the hotel’s award-winning signature restaurant FIGS
- Luxury roundtrip transportation to/from Jackson Hole Airport & Hotel Jackson
- Bottle of Wyoming Whiskey and his & hers shot glasses
- Rooftop hot tub for two by reservation
- Full buyout of the 58-room & suite hotel beginning at $40k for those who really want their privacy.
Palm Beach darling, Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa, debuts an ultimate couple’s escape along the shores of the sun-kissed Island, making the amorous holiday a Valentine’s Day to remember. The two-night Bubbles for Couples package starts with a welcome bottle of Veuve Clicquot Champagne and chocolate covered strawberries in the award-winning resort’s most romantic oceanfront accommodations.
In addition to daily breakfast privately served on the guest room’s balcony, the package includes a Chef’s multi-course dinner for two served in one of the secluded oceanfront cabanas along with a complimentary bottle of house red or white wine or house champagne.
Grab your best gals (or just head out for some peace and quiet with your furry friend) to the heart of West Hollywood, where Le Parc Suites offers a Single AF Valentine’s Day experience, celebrating all the best things about self-love. Stay overnight in a suite and enjoy an array of self-care products made by women, for women, most locally sourced from around Los Angeles. In addition to an oversized suite, many with balconies and fireplaces, Galentine’s will be greeted with a welcome amenity of:
- INDEPENDENT Bitch candle from Evil Queen
- Joshua Tea Soap by Made by DWC
- Self-Love Bath Salts by Flame & Ash Co.
- Twist My Heart vibrator by Voodoo
- Cleansing Masks (different types/fragrances) by Tenth and Mae
- Jar of Cozy Body Butter by Drifter Organics
- Bottle of Champagne
Book Here, rates start at $239/night.
The Hollywood Roosevelt, Los Angeles
Gable & Lombard Penthouse – Sweetheart Experience at The Hollywood Roosevelt
The Hollywood Roosevelt is offering only ONE couple the chance to take their love to new heights on the top of the hotel’s famous rooftop. The ultimate Valentine’s Day escape includes:
- Accommodations in the Penthouse Suite, which includes your own private access to the 1500 square foot rooftop deck, lit by the famous Hollywood Roosevelt sign.
- After a three-course private rooftop dinner prepared by the hotel’s executive chef along with a personalized menu and bottle of Dom Perignon, the couple can head to their own private movie screening under the stars with a movie of their choice complete with intimate cozy seating and movie snack favorites to end the night.
- The next morning, the couple can enjoy breakfast in bed with mimosas.
- Additional surprise and delight treats include a dozen roses, a box of Laduree macarons, specialty Aesop bath products and Byredo candle.
The experience is $3,000/night plus tax. To book the Sweetheart Package, contact Juan Pineda email@example.com
Hotel Wailea, Maui
Escape to Hawaii’s only Relais & Châteaux and adults-only hotel, where the “Love is in the Air” experience beckons couples to take full advantage of the property’s open air surroundings, with oversized suites and lanais, romantic outdoor dining, open-air wellness amenities and intimate experiences for two. For a once-in-a-lifetime Instagrammable moment taking al fresco dining to new heights – couples can use their dining credit to celebrate their love in the ultra-private Treehouse, suspended over the Wailea coastline amongst mango trees, while a seven-course tasting menu with wine pairings is prepared right in front of them by Chef Krista Garcia.
The Love is in the Air experience includes:
- Three-nights in a Celebration Ocean View Suite
- Daily breakfast, welcome champagne and a tropical amenity
- $560 spa credit (perfect for two 80 minute lomi lomi massages in the open air of guests’ lanai)
- $500 dining credit (which can be applied to open-air dining in the Treehouse, Restaurant, Cabanas, or Room Service on the guests’ lanai)
Book here with rates starting at $1,399/night.