Enter the 2021 California Home+Design Awards Now!Author:Lindsey Shook
The time has arrived to enter your latest and greatest projects to the annual California Home+Design Awards, presented by Axor, The Bath + Beyond, Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery and Wolf Sub-Zero Cove. We invite all California-based design professionals to submit their most recent project or projects for consideration. One winner will be selected from each of the categories listed below. This year, we are excited to announce the addition of three new categories; Home Office Design, Indoor/Outdoor Design and Best Residential Preservation.
Deadline for entry is Monday, NOVEMBER 30, 2020 at 5pm PST.
The winners of the following categories will be featured in the Spring 2021 issue of our magazine:
-Residential Interior Design
-New Product Design
-Showcase House Design
-Master Bath Design
-Powder Room Design
-Commercial Office Design
-Wine Country Residential Design
-Home Office Design
-Best Residential Preservation, presented by SIA Projects
-Indoor/Outdoor Living Space
California-based professionals in the fields of interior design, architecture, landscape architecture, garden design and product design are eligible. To be considered, projects must be completed between Nov. 1, 2018 and Nov. 1, 2020 and must be submitted as entire projects only (excluding Product, Showcase House, Home Office, Emerging and Kitchen or Bath Design categories). Projects that have previously been published in the print edition of California Home+Design are not eligible.
We offer designers the opportunity to submit their entry online. There are three steps to the process:
1. Complete a payment for your submission (one per project, per category) via the Paypal payment buttons below, and take note of the email address you used to make the payment for your submission.
2. Create a DROPBOX link to a master file containing the following items:
-A project brief that summarizes the project in 150 words or less. The brief must clearly state the single category you are entering in addition to your firm name and contact information.
-A list of all products and vendors used in the project.
-10-15 Low-resolution images of the project being submitted (JPEG files should be 100 dpi at 5 by 7 inches). Four images of a product, is sufficient.
-The right to publish all submitted photography, cleared in writing with the photographer(s) by the entrant.
A confirmation of the $150 processing payment to California Home+Design (a screen grab of the confirmation page or a transaction ID number is fine).
3. Email the link with the file (one email per project, per category) containing these items to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the same email address associated with the Paypal payment for your submission. The subject line must include the Firm or Designer Name, Awards Category Name and Project Name in order to be considered. Sample format: First Last, Landscape Design, Hilltop Home.
You will receive email confirmation within ten business days of submitting your entry. Emailed submissions that do not match up to a Paypal payment email address will be considered incomplete and will not be eligible for judging.
SUBMIT PAYMENT HERE:
Select “Buy Now” and follow instructions and email us proof of payment.
- All entries must be received by Monday, November 30, 2020 at 5 pm PST.
- We will confirm receipt of submission via email within ten business days.
- We will notify finalists in each category by December 18, 2020 and request high-resolution images or additional information as needed.
Behind the Scenes with César Giraldo Design in O‘ahu
César Giraldo takes us inside the development of an exclusive project in Hawaii César Giraldo “When I design a space, it…
- December 2, 2020
Parlor Interiors’ Virtual Finds at Design Miami
One of the art and design world’s most anticipated events has descended upon Miami in a much more paired down presentation…
- December 1, 2020
Living Off the Land
Landscape designer Christian Douglas shares the many benefits of urban gardening A portrait of Christian Douglas by Sasha Guilish. American culture…
- November 25, 2020