Legends Design Festival ReturnsAuthor:Lindsey Shook
Join leaders in the design industry on May 9, for the return of L.A.’s 2023 LEGENDS design festival. Scattered throughout a number of showrooms in La Cienega’s Design Quarter, the annual gathering of great minds will feature a dynamic mix of engaging discussions, product introductions and more, all in the theme of “The Fashion of Home”, a nod to fashion royalty, and the announcement of the inimitably fashionable.
Running through May 11, the annual gathering will deliver the iconic window designs curated by several talented designers including Jake Arnold, Paloma Contreras, David Frazier, Amy Meier, Breegan Jane, Noz Nozawa and Studio Heimat as well as keynote discussions. This year, icons Alexa Hampton and California’s own Ken Fulk will receive this year’s LCDQ’s Living Legend Awards.
Other Keynote and discussion highlights at LEGENDS 2023: The Fashion of Home include:
- The Ever-Evolving Intersection Between Fashion and Interior Design – On May 11, Join California Home+Design’s Editorial Director Lindsey Shook and renowned fashion and interior designer Erin Fetherston at Mehraban, for a discussion around the intersection of fashion and design and the art of collaboration.
- Interior Tailoring – Paul Wiseman, Michael Cox and Madeline Stuart review the key pieces every home needs to dress the part for real life.
- Fashion’s Home Passion – An insiders’ talk on the seamless connection between fashion and interior design.
- Whisky Watercolor Club Reunion – Five esteemed architects who have been meeting on Zoom during and since the pandemic – Thomas Kligerman, Michael Imber, Doug Wright and Steve Rugo (Ankie Barnes is unable to attend) – will share how painting has served their psyche and their work. Paintings from each will be offered for sale, with proceeds going to charity. Plus, a book signing for Shingle and Stone: Thomas Kligerman Houses.
- Uncommon Kitchens – A look at imaginative and fashion-forward kitchens around the world, moderated by Sophie Donelson.
- Art Enhancing Design – An insider talk with Gagosian Gallery Director Harmony Murphy and Source Art Founder MaryLinda Moss at Michael-Cleary.
Tune in HERE for new additions to the evolving event schedule and buy your tickets now! A portion of the proceeds from the sale of LEGENDS 2023 registration will benefit Habitat for Humanity Los Angeles. Since the LCDQ’s inception in 2009, approximately $300,000 from LEGENDS event registration fees have been donated to Habitat for Humanity Los Angeles to help low-income families get into starter homes.
Out on the Town: 2023 Design Awards Celebration
To celebrate the Bay Area-based winners of the 2023 California Home+Design Awards, McGriff Architects hosted an intimate gathering at this year’s…
- May 25, 2023
Exclusive: Armadillo introduces the Eden and Corsica Collections
The B-Corp certified Australian based rug brand Armadillo just introduced two new collections- Eden and Corsica- that are available exclusively through…
- May 25, 2023
Artist Misha Kahn’s work, now on display at Friedman Benda in Los Angeles, dissolves the boundaries between art and sculpture and…
- May 24, 2023